Geneva, Switzerland – 4 March 2021 – MSC Cruises revealed today details of the extensive dining offering on board MSC Virtuosa, the Company’s next flagship (watch the video here).
With five specialty restaurants, five main dining rooms, a 1,336-seat buffet, and 21 bars and lounges, there is incredible choice for guests, offering casual or more formal settings to suit their needs. Inspired by MSC Cruises’ European roots, where a passion for food is a way of life, the enjoyment of good food plays an integral role in creating unforgettable holiday memories so that MSC Cruises guests can discover new cultures and tastes also while on board, while cruising to different destinations around the world.
MSC Cruises’ CEO Gianni Onorato shared, “Dining on board MSC Cruises ships is a gastronomic adventure with authentic food, globally inspired menus and culinary artistry at the heart of our offering. As a company, we are in constant pursuit of new and exceptional experiences that showcase international cuisine, taking our guests on a gourmet journey of discovery. MSC Virtuosa will feature two brand new speciality restaurants - HOLA! Tacos & Cantina and Indochine. Developed by our talented culinary team and exclusive to MSC Cruises, these new restaurants build on the success of our existing popular specialty dining concepts and allowing us to further expand and enrich our dining offering with new and innovative ideas.”
HOLA! TACOS & CANTINA: LAID BACK, LATIN-FLAVOURED DINING
This new fast-casual street food dining concept offers a selection of Latin American and Mexican-inspired dishes and drinks to be shared and enjoyed in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, open for lunch and dinner. Choose from a tantalising array of dishes from blue corn tacos and nachos, authentic beef empanadas and tasty tamales through to tortilla soup or vegetarian tacos, all to be savoured with a glass of agua fresca or our selection of Top 10 Tequilas and Mezcals!
A signature salsa bar offers a choice of six home-made salsa and large selection of spicy sauces as well as a fresh guacamole station round out the experience. Guests are able to choose between having their guacamole made for them or taking the interactive meal to the next level, and making the guacamole themselves at their table. And why not then opt for sweet-treat or pop in for a sweet snack from the all-new Mexican Ice Cream Taco bar.
INDOCHINE: A FUSION OF FINE CULINARY HERITAGES
This new original concept will offer guests Vietnamese classics with a French twist, combining two delicious culinary heritages. The menu will include a host of vegetarian and vegan options, as well as a multitude of tasty options that can be served family style, to share amongst friends. From Green Papaya Salads to Beef Bo Buns, and French Roasted Snails to Veggie Vietnamese Crêpes, the selection offers healthy and balanced options, featuring careful combinations of sweet, sour, salty, bitter and hot flavours. In addition, the ample wine list features both New and Old-World options, to tempt even the most practiced of sommeliers, while the tropical signature selection cocktails help complete this authentic experience.
POPULAR SPECIALTY DINING CONCEPTS EXCLUSIVE TO MSC CRUISES
Returning to MSC Virtuosa are the three popular MSC Cruises specialty restaurants that guests know and love from other ships in the fleet.
- The traditional American-style steakhouse, Butcher’s Cut, celebrates the skill of a master butcher. Serving specialty cuts of meats including dry-aged tomahawk, t-bone, as well as surf and turf, this is a true steak-lovers dream, cooked in an open kitchen, giving onto a relaxed and sophisticated restaurant, inspired by the Golden Age of America.
- The stylish Kaito Teppanyaki restaurant offers the modern East-West cooking style of Japanese cuisine on two teppanyaki grills, where chefs delight and entertain guests with spectacular flips and tricks while preparing authentic, mouth-watering meals right before guests’ eyes.
- The Kaito Sushi Bar offers a more intimate experience, where guests can watch their fresh sushi, sashimi and tempura being prepared by master sushi chefs for a meal seated above the bustling promenade.
EXTENSIVE BUFFET AND ELEGANT MAIN DINING
- A firm favourite of the dining experience is the 1336-seat Marketplace Buffet, open from day to night serving a wide variety of international dishes, with open-fronted kitchens, a fresh mozzarella factory, freshly baked bread, and a fresh pasta and fruit and vegetable market.
- For summer 2021, the buffet will follow the same service concept as sister-ship MSC Grandiosa, with food being plated for the guests and with the seating layout to allow for social distancing.
- Additionally, MSC Virtuosa will feature five main dining restaurants serving first-class Mediterranean and international specialities in elegant surroundings. Menus change every day, and exquisite dishes have been created for the Elegant dinners. In addition, the main dining venues have all been specially designed around the theme of music.
CHOICE OF BARS AND LOUNGES FOR ALL OCCASSIONS
Rounding out the dining offering, the bar experience on MSC Virtuosa will suit all possible occasions. The ship offers a variety of unique places to enjoy a drink with family and friends, with 21 bars and lounges both indoor and outdoor.
- The Champagne Bar offers a wide selection of different champagnes accompanied by a mouth-watering array of caviar, oysters and crab to complement their experience
- The Sky Lounge is known for its molecular cocktails in art deco inspired surroundings
- The Masters of the Sea, an authentic British pub with a selection of over 40 different beers
Also new to the ship is the immersive, futuristic MSC Starship Club featuring Rob, the first-ever humanoid, robotic bartender at sea. This immersive bar and entertainment experience includes 3D holograms, a digital art wall and a 12-seater infinity digital interactive table, giving guests the possibility to explore space with their own personalised galactic tour. Rob will mix, and serve his signature cocktails, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, and countless personalised drinks, just like a human bartender would do, whilst engaging the guests with his voice, human-like expressions for a fully immersive bar experience.
GOURMET CHOCOLATE, CREPES AND GELATO
Award-winning pastry chef and chocolatier, Chef Jean-Philippe Maury returns with his two mouth-watering concepts - Jean-Philippe Maury Café & Chocolat and Crêpes & Gelato.
- The Chocolat & Café features an open chocolaterie with fresh chocolate made on board, framed by remarkably intricate chocolate sculptures, worthy of any museum. Guests may watch the chocolate-making process with their own eyes as they enjoy the cosy atmosphere of this café and shop, whilst tasting an impressive array of treats.
- The Crêpes & Gelato counter is filled with tempting delicacies, all set to satisfy a sugar craving from the classic milkshakes and sorbet, to trendy green juices!
To find out more about MSC Virtuosa visit here.