BOOK AND CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE
Putting the safety of our guests and crew first with MSC's leading protocol
MSC Cruises health and safety measures are subject to change and will adapt according to the evolution of the pandemic.
ALL GUESTS AND CREW
VACCINATED AND TESTED
PEACE OF MIND
AND AFTER THE CRUISE
A FULL EXPERIENCE TO MAKE
YOUR CRUISE SAFE & ENJOYABLE
travel requirements by COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE
AND CRUISE destination
Please select the destination below
The exact protocols for Winter 2022/23 Red Sea & Saudia Arabia, South America and South Africa itineraries are subject to change and will adapt according to the evolution of the pandemic and local requirements. Information will be updated on a regular basis when available.
How we protect your health & safety
before, during and after your cruise
the ONBOARD EXPERIENCE
Enjoy unique experiences including award-winning shows, world-class dining, excursions, family activities, boutique shopping, beauty
and fitness services, engaging events and much more. The wearing of face masks is highly recommended. In certain circumstances this recommendation might be due to a mandatory requirement in accordance with applicable health authorities regulations of a country or port of call visited. When ashore, guests must also follow any local regulations regarding face mask usage. These protocols are subject to change. We will continue to practice some of the positive activities implemented and listed below to maintain a healthy environment for guests and crew
We prepared a list of Frequent Asked Quesions (FAQ) to quickly get answers to you for the most common questions
- Are there any travel restrictions under the new protocol, such as current health status, past medical history or age?
- Are there any travel restrictions or travel requirements for the current cruise programme?
In addition, travel requirements might be different according to your cruise destianation. Please select your destination below:
- What is the MSC Covid-19 Protection Plan?
The insurance should be in place to cover you and your family, from the confirmation of your booking until the end of the cruise, your cruise and flight or your Stay & Cruise package.
To fully protect you from the above risks, MSC offers a COVID Protection Plan - an insurance policy specifically designed for these COVID-19 risks - that can be added to the cruise whilst making the booking. The Covid Protection Plan is applicable to all departures on sales. Before finalizing the reservation, it will be possible to add to the cruise the MSC COVID-19 Protection plan at the price of 25€ per person for short haul destinations (Mediterranean and Northern Europe cruises), 29€ for Long Haul destinations (Caribbean & Antilles, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Red Sea, South America and Positioning cruises) and 45€ for World Cruise.
Alternatively, you may travel with another insurance policy covering the above risks.
- What if I am not compliant with MSC Health and Safety Protocol Requirements?
Our guests who have booked directly with MSC can use our form, those who have booked via travel agency are kindly invited to refer to their travel agent.
EMBARKATION / DISEMBARKATION
- What will happen if embarkation is denied to a guest for health reasons?
If a guest is then not considered fit to travel, they will be assisted in their next steps of a return home or will be potentially being treated in a local medical facility to ensure maximum support and care. All guests who have purchased COVID-19 insurance will be fully protected.
All guests who have purchased COVID-19 insurance will be fully protected.
- What safety protocols will be implemented on transfers and shuttles?
We are extending our enhanced health and hygiene measures to all MSC transfers, including:
- Cleaning and sanitisation of all vehicles before any new group of guests
- Availability of hand sanitisation stations and disinfectant mats for footwear
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for all drivers
- Reduced number of guests with selected seats empty to ensure social distancing
- How are you cleaning and sanitising the guest cabins?
Every cabin will be deep cleaned at the end of each cruise before the next guests arrive for their holiday.
- How often are you sanitising public areas?
- What measures are you taking for the disembarkation process at the end of a cruise?
- How will the check-in take place?
Before the cruise, MSC Cruises invites all guests to download for free the MSC for Me app to start booking additional services, to secure space and to ensure a seamless onboard experience.
ONBOARD MEDICAL SERVICES
- What happens if there is a suspected case of COVID-19 on board?
- Have you agreed with specific ports that they will welcome your ships that have positive cases on board for medical assistance ashore?
- How the health of anyone on board is monitored?
MEASURES REQUIRED ON BOARD
- Wich measures are required on board?
The wearing of face masks is highly recommended. In certain circumstances this recommendation might be due to a mandatory requirement in accordance with applicable health authorities regulations of a country or port of call visited. When ashore, guests must also follow any local regulations regarding face mask usage. These protocols are subject to change.
DINE & DRINK
- Will there be any changes to the bars and lounges?
- How I can prebook my drinks or restaurants onboard?
- How I can get the restaurants and drinks menu at bars and restaurants?
ENTERTAINMENT & SERVICES
- Will guests still be able to enjoy the theatre shows and other activities?
- We are reducing the capacity of the theatre to allow for empty seats between guests
- The entertainment programme will be extended so that all guests can enjoy our award-winning shows
- Shows and activities will be pre-booked to manage the number of participants
The wearing of face masks is highly recommended. In certain circumstances this recommendation might be due to a mandatory requirement in accordance with applicable health authorities regulations of a country or port of call visited.
- Will the Kids Club be open and what kind of kids’ activities will be available?
New measures include reduced capacity, a streamlined registration process, contactless temperature check and hand sanitizer provided upon entry. We're adding new exciting activities and family game shows that will be available for booking up to one day in advance. Toys and water will be provided by our staff, while we'll keep out personal belongings as an additional safety measure.
Onboard services are subject to changes based on local regulations or other restrictions, in the context of the COVID-19 situation.
- Will you still have Spa and Fitness services available to guests?
For their health and comfort, guests will pre-book spa treatments, fitness sessions and thermal area visits by phone.
Fitness machines and equipment, spa areas and treatment rooms will be thoroughly sanitised after each use as well as deep-cleaned and disinfected every night.
All Spa staff have been trained on rigorous health and sanitation measures and will wear appropriate protective equipment.
Book now your Spa Packages!
*Due to the increased Health & Safety measures in order to grant a safe cruise for all our guests Thermal Area experiences are by appointment only.
- Will there be any restrictions to visit some ports?
If you wish to go ashore during your cruise, you can only do so by participating in one of our MSC Shore Excursions to ensure the same high standards of health and safety ashore as on board.
For Summer 2021 cruises In the Mediterranean and Northern Europe, MSC Cruises offers a large variety of shore excursions. Some excursions are available only to Guests holding the EU Digital Covid Certificate/Green pass, while others excursions are open to those not in its possession, guaranteeing in both cases the highest health and safety standards. More information about the tours are available here. Please note that Guests holding the EU Digital COVID Certificate/Green pass, travelling with children over 12 years who do not hold an EU Digital COVID Certificate/Green card will be considered as Guests not holding the EU Digital COVID Certificate/Green pass, for excursions purposes: children will be requested to do the free covid test on board to participate to the excursion (or the booked excursion will need to be changed for another tour not requiring the green pass).
The EU Digital COVID Certificate / Green Pass is a digital certificate with a QR code issued by countries in Europe to show the following:
• The person has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, taken at least 14 days beforehand, using a vaccine recognized by the European Medicines Agency (EMA)
• The person has recovered from COVID-19 within the last six months
• Someone who has a negative result for a molecular or antigen test performed in the last 48 hours
The copy of the EU Digital COVID Certificate / Green Pass (digital or paper format) and a personal ID or passport, must be shown during the tour at all required entry checks. This is a regulation coming from the local authorities and MSC Cruises is not responsible if access is denied at one of the venues on the selected tour.
Every port of call offers also a variety of excursions that do not require the EU Digital COVID Certificate / Green Pass. Guests not in possession of a valid EU Digital COVID Certificate / Green Pass, can change excursion but availability is limited for some tours. Alternatively, Guests can contact the MSC Excursions office on board during the cruise: a free test will be arranged.
BLUE RIBBON COVID EXPERT GROUP
The MSC Cruises Health & Safety Protocol has been developed together with the Blue Ribbon Covid Expert Group,
comprised by highly qualified and internationally respected experts in the fields of health and safety